The UK Research Office is the UK's leading information and advice service on European Union funding for research and higher education. Established in Brussels in 1984, UKRO is jointly funded by the seven UK grant-awarding Research Councils and receives subscriptions from over 150 research organisations, principally in the UK. UKRO’s mission is to promote effective UK participation in EU-funded research programmes, higher education programmes, and other related activities.
Funding Opportunities in Education:
- Socrates - Erasmus - Transnational co-operation between universities.
- Socrates - Tempus III (2000-2006) HE Co-operation with Partner Countries in Western Balkans, Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Mediterranean Countries.
- EU - Japan/Australia/New Zealand/Canada/USA HE Co-operation.
- ALFA II - Co-operation with Latin America.
- EU-China HE Co-operation - Co-operation in the field of European studies.
- Asia Link II.
Funding Opportunities in Culture:
- Culture 2000 Programme.
- URB - AL - urban environment and regeneration in Latin America.
- Asia - Urbs - urban environment and regeneration in Asia.
- European Social Fund
- Leonardo da Vinci
- ARCHIMEDIA network
- Europa Nostra Awards
- European Cultural Foundation